So I went to Target a couple days ago and b/c Thomas has been waiting tables I often carry ones and want to get rid of them first b/c who wants to carry a stack of ones? So there was zero line and nobody behind me and I start counting out the ones. 38 of them to be exact and I hear the kid like huffing and muttering under his breath and talking about he didn't know if he had the room in hid drawer, then muttered an apology. It didn't help that my mom was making noise too about me paying all in ones..hey its what I had-at least I was paying in cash. Anyway there still was NO line-not a single person behind me and I hand the kid my ones and he proceeds to put it in the drawer without counting it. I made a comment (lightheartdly) that he wasn't going to count it, basically "you" just trust me? And he mutters in that teen way he doesn't have the time. Then proceeds to walk to the front of his aisle to wait for a customer to come (none in site mind you). I was like..don't have the time? You just have to rush up there to stand? It wasn't like he had a friend standing up there either, there was no other cashiers on either side of him. So basically he "didn't have the time" to count 38 ones, b/c he had to rush out to the front of his aisle to stand around. I am shocked that this kid has a job, I mean how lazy are you that you can't even imagine counting ones? I thought it was hilarous, but also a little sad. Is this really the work ethic of our youth. That they are too lazy to stand and count?
In other stuff, Lilly is a bit of a neat freak and I am waiting for that to work to my benefit-As in she is old enough to clean my house effectively. In the mean time I will be perfectly fine with her pointing at all the things she wants me to clean and picking up miniscual pieces of string or whatever and handing it to me throw away. Although sometimes this backfires-but usually for daddy. You see,yesterday she picked up a tiny something and walked over to her dad and said here daddy-and he took it-the it started to crawl across his hand. Apparently she picked up an ant and it made it alive to her dad-he definetly did the freakout dance :). Not an hour later she was chasing a fly across the house trying to catch it. Her dad said "if she catches that fly she's handing it to you" Ha-oh summer I suppose we should keep our screen door closed more.
I also forgot to mention one of the new fun/sad things she sais. She will turn to walk outside and she sais "bye guys, I'm outta here". While I think this is super cute, it does remind me that soon she will be a big girl who will be "outta here" for real and looking at her sister only makes me realize how old she is.
Speaking of her sister-we gave her her first taste of rice cereal on her 6 month birthday and she actually ate it. Lilly never ate the cereals unless it was mixed in something. It also surprised me on how watery it was. When Lilly said no to cereal we purried up Avacado as her first meal (which she LOVED) and then everything after that except for fresh pumpkin and broccoli was pretty thick, it kind of surprised me that "they" believe her first meal should be so watery. I will try again tonight with less water. Seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I am happy she ate it though. What a big girl I have.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are so funny...blogging on the teenager...I agree but it's just funny to read and I can totally hear your voice...ok my eyes are all messed up now after reading the white on black hee hee...getting too old for that! ;)
Awww about Lilly! I know they grow up way too fast!!! My Lyli is 7 going on 21 right now!!
Oh, also we always made the rice cereal with forumla or breast milk and that made it thicker!
When are we getting together girl???
Love ya,
LL
Hey By the way, how did you get the different blogs on the side there under blogs, blogs and more blogs...i can't figure that out!!!
Oh, I love it-- I'm waiting for my daughter to turn into my personal cleaning slave too! When will that happen, I wonder? :) Sometimes J and I will be finishing up dinner and say, Okay, Lily, your turn to clean up the kitchen. So far, no dice... :)
Post a Comment