Thursday, September 4, 2008

Busy Days, Busy Nights

Oh how busy I have been lately. I love being busy and on the go. I am so lucky that I get this life. To update on the girls they are doing great. Ella is not sleeping great through the night, but occasionally she will only get up once. I try and look on the bright side, but I would love just one night sleeping all the way through. Its been a long time without one nights rest, but I don't feel too tired so I guess I am adjusting okay to this. She is eating solids well, she really loves her bananas and beets. We aren't sure if she is allergic to sweet potatos as I have twice tried them and while she loved them we think she developed a rash afterwards-although they were different rashes on the two times and other things were going on then, so I guess we will give it a few months and see. She is sitting up much better but she is my "lazy" girl and just likes to hang out staring at the ceiling. We are working on it though. Fortunatly I don't worry about these things, she is very smart and the way she uses her hands and feet to grab things makes me believe her motor skills are very much in tact. She is a laugher, a screamer, a babbler, a lover, and just an all around sweety pie. She has these two baby teeth in the front which are so cute when she smiles. I think she is teething again though b/c she has been a bit chewy lately. Lilly is such a great big sister, it amazes me. She makes her sister laugh better than anyone, she runs to get her toys, if Ella is crying (oh she calls her Della a lot-what a cutey) she runs to find her a toy and usually comes back with a baby toy. Every morning when she gets up she asks where her sister is at, if I say she is sleeping she starts whispering (doesn't last long) but she will say shhh babies sleeping. Lilly has just been such a good girl lately-I wish she would sleep better and nap better, but I can't change it, so I just live with it and am glad that daddy helps. She has been using her words so much lately its incredible how much they start to talk once they get rolling. I have enrolled her in a kiddie soccer league which she starts this Saturday for 6 weeks. She always talks about kids playing soccer and points at them so hopefully this will be fun for her. She has come miles in her sharing too. She will say "my turn?" and when the other child gives her a turn she thanks them. She has become a wonderful thanker. She is too funny and I am just so blessed with both of my girls.
My life is getting ready to get crazy but I am so excited about it all. One major change for us is we have been having a hard time over the past couple years finding a Church home. The issue comes in when hubby was brought up in a very traditional church environment and I was brought up unchurched. So I am more looking for a modern experience, he wants a traditional service. We discovered that its best that we look within 10-15 miles of our house b/c we were going to a church 25 minutes away and we just couldn't get involved with the kids and such. The last church we went to had the warmth we were looking for but we couldn't get inline with some of the Docterine. Well I should say Tom couldn't. I am pretty moldable seeing as how I am from an unchurched world. Anyway, we have been to so many different Churches in the area, some close, some far away-some good..some pretty crazy..some for months--some only once but 3 weeks ago we went to what we believe will be our Church home..and we are so excited. Its the right size, close by, wonderfully warm people. We already know people, which is rare for us. We are amazed at God for finally bringing us here b/c it is the perfect fit. We already are signed up with a Lifegroup and met with them once and I am joining a Bible Study that I am very excited about and I may join the Book Club. My fall is shaping up to be very busy. I am embarking on two MOPS groups (what can I say, I loved one, so what could be better than two?), the Bible Study, a afternoon Playgroup, Lilly is playing soccer on Saturdays for the next 6 weeks (that went interesting today), Plus I have work, working out (which I had been doing a Yoga class, but the class took a 2 week break) and I started Strength training so I am getting past the monotony of of just doing tons of cardio. Actually, it looks like I will be doing Strength Training Mon/Wed/Fri with Cardio thrown in at the end and then on Tues/Thurs Yoga with Cardio thrown in at the end. I am glad to be shaking it up a bit. Hubby and I have also been taking lots of walks at a park really close to us. Its an awsome walk-the perfect time and so pretty. It looks like I have some blocks of time available Tuesdays 9:45 on..thats it..there is an occasional slot here and there, but I will be really busy starting next week.
Also, thank the Lord-Tom is only working 2 days instead of 3 at second job now and I am planning things better in advance so that I get an evening out. And with him working one less day, I don't feel as guilty about leaving. The Lord is blessing us everyday and I am so Thankful for being busy and finding a Church to call home, just numerous things. I am glad this is my life.
Oh and as an extra bonus-I broke the 100 mark in my weight a couple weeks ago. This is a great time in our lives (there are of course little things, like our garage door broke, the dishwasher broke, Toms car as had two major issues in the last 2 months, the toilet broke--I think thats it--but I try and focus on the positive and it will all get taken care of in Gods hands)
Thanks to all/anyone who was praying for Toms job-our first part of the prayer came through on Friday. Now for the second part (but honestly the first was very good to be pleased with for awhile)--we will see if he gets the second promotion in the next 6 months like I am hoping.

2 comments:

Corie said...

wow, I'm tired just reading about how busy you are and have been and will be! But you sound so upbeat and positive about it, so I guess it's working for you! I've missed seeing you at bible study/reading about you online-- hopefully once MOPS starts back up we'll get to say hey now and then! :)

Diana said...

Great to hear your update! I am so happy for you and all that God is doing in your life - especially feeling plugged in in a church that is close by - because mileage shouldn't matter - but it does! :-) Thanks for sharing about Tom's job @ Bible study the other day! That is amazing and totally a God thing and I am excited for you! Great job with working out and reaching your 100 mark!!! You should be super proud of yourself....and you look great by the way! :-)