Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Lilly is a family girl
Lilly has always been a bit on the shy side. She is good with one or two kids but once she gets in a crowd she shuts down a bit and even if there is only a few kids she usually takes awhile to warm up. This isn't just for kids, this is adults too. She walks with a wary eye towards any new person except for family. You don't even hav to tell her its family--she just knows. She gravitates towards cousins, aunts, grandparents--even the ones she barely sees. She is almost immediatly comfortable with anyone who somewhere along the way carries her genes. How she knows who is who, I have no idea--she just does. I think it is intriguing and wonderful and I appreciate her so much for her love of family. I recently asked her if she wanted to have a friend party or a family party for her birthday she easily said family. I asked again, I want to be sure as I don't want her to be dissapointed and she said "just family--no friends". I love her for this, I love her for seeing at almost 4 what is the most important thing in life next to God, family. She loves her family...we are her favorite people and I am glad that she is like that b/c that is how Tom and I are. We LIKE to be together, we genuinly would in almost every circumstance always choose to be together and always be each others companion to any gathering. Don't get me wrong, friends are great-but your family can't be replaced even if you wish you could, even if you pretend it to be, your family is always your family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment