Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Finally, a MNO for me and Bible Study

I finally got to go to a MNO-well actually a MNI and it was awsome. I had a couple drinks, great food, conversation. It was nice being out for the evening. I am going to have to do it more often. We played Bunco and while I didn't win any money I didn't worry too much either about the little one at home. I was home at midnight which is crazy for me since I am often in bed by 9 but the girls treated me to a nap the next day after we went to the art fair "downtown". That was also awsome. It made me wish I spent like I used to. This is kind of a sidebar but I am what I consider a shopaholic-in all seriousness. I am currently on the wagon, but I know a frivolous purchase could send me into a tailspin. It doesn't mean I still don't love to walk around and go shopping, I definetly do-but I dont need anyone standing by me saying "go ahead and buy it-its just one little purse". My self restraint has been great for awhile now-I have only gotten nervous when I had to buy things and then I was afraid I would go out of control again, but I have managed to pull myself back. Its kind of like the getting fit thing-my resolve is so strong. I sometimes feel like I am too focused on trying not to fall-fall back into bad habits spending, eating, ect. I guess its what you have to do. Oh and I had a praise for Bible Study and actually said it to my husband but couldn't remember yesterday-it was that I went to Gymboree and I pulled a discount coupon from their giveway (they ranged from 15% of entire purchase to 50%) and I got the 50% off. I literally stood in the store for 10minutes or more just trying to figure out if I should shop knowing full well we didn't need anything..but its 50% off including sale items. I handed the card to another lady that only got 30% and walked out. Praise the Lord.
Now its time to take my resolve and my focus and start turning it towards God. I decided that I would volunteer to help coordinate the Bible Study through our MOPS group. I felt like there was a need and it would hopefully help continue to draw my focus towards the Lord. I immedietly thought of doing a wellness/health study as that is something I think we all struggle with and most of us don't involve God in the process. I think alot of us seperate our physical from our spiritual (ie God is only about our spirit). This simply is not true and actually searching for a Bible Study it was difficult b/c most studies are about our soul in one way or another. Our bodies are completely connected to our soul. In the way we feel and live-so I am hoping others are excited about this study b/c I believe it is widely overlooked as I think most people think when fostering their relationship with Christ they are to look just upon there soul/mind and that is simply not true:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

No comments: