I don't think men should wear tank tops-that is all. :)
I was driving in the car the other day and felt the suddon urge in all my terrible singing to go somewhere and do Karaoki. Like the all out crazy kind. I have never done it. Never had interest and probably have never been brave enough (b/c lets face it, my singing voice is terrible). But the thought of getting up there and really letting loose, like the wild singing woman I am oh say in my house, car, occasionally at the grocery store and once in awhile walking down the street just was so appealing to me. I will have to put this in my list of wierd things I kind of want to do now.
This weekend I am going to Toms work picnic. I am sort of nervous as I worked there and left in a kind of a weird way. I want to see people though that I haven't seen in years, but I don't really know if I will, but I know I will be searching for them all day. I think it will be awkward but I really want to talk to some of these folks again. Additionally, even if I don't see anyone I used to work with I am sure to see people Tom works with. And let me tell you-the man loves me so much that he talks me up considerably. He also manages to take every funny thing I say and retell it so it seems like all day long I am so funny. So one woman everytime she sees me tells me how funny I am even though I have never made her laugh. Do you know how much pressure it is to live up to being the most beautiful, funny, smart woman ever? I got to say I don't GENERALLY have a low self-esteem but it is a lot of pressure and always makes me feel like I have let everyone down when they meet me. So I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am really hoping to see a couple who while nobody in any universe would put them together while I worked there I would prod and poke them that they should consider the other one as a potential "date"-now they are married with a baby on the way. Sometimes I think I should be a match maker b/c seriously people probably would have given me the arched eyebrow of crazy if I told them I thought these people were a match. Sometimes I think I see people too well.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ah, but see how nice it is for you that you HAVE that expectation all built up for the kind of woman/wife you are "supposed to be" in front of these people-- because it means your husband thinks you ARE that woman, and that is a great thing for the self-esteem!
I agree with you on the tank tops. It's not okay. Neither is mowing the yard shirtless, when you are, shall we say, not in the best physical condition, as does my backyard neighbor.
Man what a stub husband and how loved you must feel that he has built you up that way!
Post a Comment