Monday, May 12, 2008

Don't hate the Duggers and Pina Coladas in the Rain

Okay so I was driving to work this morning and they were talking about how the Dugger family is pregnant again with their 18th child. So many people were like 'irresponsible, crazy, ect". Okay, I saw the People magazine article on them and they are financially well off and all their kids look well cared for and loved. I think there is something to be said for a family who REALLY turns their life over to God. We are all supposed to do it, we all say we try, but how many of us are willing to carry 18 kids and care for them b/c God keeps blessing us? I know I wouldn't. Additionally, good for them for still be "active". After 17 kids you would think they wouldn't have time for their marriage, but apparently they are making it work. I am getting a little tired of people having issues with peoples choices when it comes to family planning...if they are taking care of their kids its none of your business.
Anyone truelly listen to the words to the Pina Colada song..I used to love that song, then I listened to it and I am like...what?? They basically were both planning on cheating on eachother and when they caught each other they were like "oh ha ha..its you". Why weren't they pissed? Tom actually dated a girl who said the song was romantic. Sorry, but I don't see the romance in cheating on your spouse. Admittingly, I still enjoy the song, but I can't help but now cringe a bit every time I hear it. Why couldn't have been about finding new love. Bah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know the Duggars use the Dave Ramsey approach to money? Pretty interesting... all those kids and they pay for everything with cash.

haha... I noticed that too recently, about the Pina Colada song. I had the same reaction... like, what? That's what he's singing about? Pretty funny :)