Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Little Blue Pants..Hand..and Gross stuff

Darn it I was watching Lilly grab a pair of these tiny blue pants off the laundry pile and remembered a story..First off-for some reason she thinks these pants are a hat currently and while she is not putting them on her own head she is resting them on her sisters head and saying "hat"-now if she could actually get it on her head and not that I would let her get that far this could be a very funny look. Anyway, the only reason these pants are on the laundry pile is that somehow they got pulled out of the too small for anyone bag and put in a drawer (Lilly antic at naptime). The thing that makes this story crazy/funny for me is that one morning Tom got up with the girls and when I emerged Lilly was wearing these pants--size 0-3 months. Yes, He squeezed her into pants Ella isn't even wearing anymore b.c "they were in her drawer". This is the difference between moms and dads. Moms would know those pants shouldn't be in the drawer..they would also realize they are so small--who cares if they are in the drawer they obviously don't fit. I just couldn't believe my 2T year old was squeezed into size 0-3 months (which were capris on her-ha).
The other thing that came to mind is Lillys whole thing with taking my hand and saying "hand" as she does it..which means she wants to lead me somewhere. I love this but she is tough..and often times I am feeding her sister..but boy will she hold my hand with such strength and determination, esp when she needs to show me something "gross".
To this I have to say Thank God she was never one of those kids to put gross stuff in her mouth- instead she freaks when she sees anything resembling anything gross. She points at it with such determination and will not stop talking about it until it is cleaned up--she can't get it out of her head. I mean I am talking fuzz balls here that could be gross. Occasionally, as cats do the vomit in her playroom and she will go in there all nonchalant to play and all of a sudden she will come tearing out screaming and yelling at me to follow her-to which she walks me directly to the grossness for me to promptly clean up. I don't know where she got this behavier-but it just goes to show you sometimes Nature is stronger than Nurter b/c I am really not that clean of a person-physically I shower every day--house--often in shambles. I mean I wouldn't let cat vomit just hang out--but I certainly never screamed and freaked when I saw it..neither has Tom. I am honestly hoping what this means is-she will be a super neat kid who wants to clean the house b/c she can't stand living in a mess. Hey I will gladly give her a pretty decent allowance if she wants to clean the house for me..Crossing my fingers :)

No comments: