Oh laughter--this was a wonderful thing to hear. The first time Lilly laughed it was of course at her dad. She always has had a special bond with him. It was a little tight giggle. She was in her bouncer and he was carrying her from one room to the next and making the Tom face at her that he does to get the girls to laugh. At some point I may try and get a picture so that all can understand the face. She was probably 4 or 5 months and we have been cracking her up ever since. When Lilly was 6 months old I new I could get her to laugh if I sang ba ba ba babaranne..take my hand....ect. Tom could get her to laugh by being Tom..Lord gave him a face for comedy..handsome..but man can he make it look silly. Today I found a new way to make Lilly laugh besides tickles and telling jokes (which btw she has always had the uncanny ability to hear my sarcastic humor when I tease her dad and out of the blue laugh..she couldnt have possibly understood what I meant, but somehow she knew laughter was appropriate, that would get me every time). I let her squish my face and make "fart" noises. I am sure this will come back to haunt me, but honestly I have no intention of raising little ladies. I want my girls to have fun--be appropriate and loving and all that, but I find people are way too serious. She couldn't get over the humor of this and really it made me laugh too. This reminds me of another thing that her and her dad did that would crack me up and her. Tom used to take her before I got pregnant and he would hide with her when I was coming in from places or around corners and there would just be her face or she would be there right as I walked around the corner at eye level. Used to scare the tar out of (I have become a lot more jump since marrying Tom). Then I would scream..and at first Lilly would look a bit shocked..so I would laugh as not to scare her..and it really was funny..and so she would crack up. Soon..just catching me scared as can be she didn't need to wait for me to laugh she would just laugh and laugh. Tom is raising a protoge in that one that will surely take years off my life...but at least they will be exciting. Oh laughter is the best in my house..in fact it was the one thing Tom said over and over when Ella was born--"I can't wait till she is laughing" Fortunatly for me though, it was my turn--not only did Ella laugh, she laughed super early somewhere around 6 weeks and at me. She thinks I am hilarious--she showers me with giggles all the time..she is also extrememly tickleish so we get her on the neck and the ribs all the time. Oh she definetly laughs at Tom too, but I think its only fair I got her first this time around. I am glad she is such a happy girl. You worry how someone is going to fit into your family. Lilly as I have said is so perfect for us, she is exactly what I asked for (and I am sure I will post more on this later). So when you throw someone else in the mix there is a fear..what if she doesn't laugh with us, love like us, what if she doesn't fit. So you cannot even begin to know my relief when she laughed so early and slipped right in, laughing at her sister, her dad, everything she could. She was a message from God saying "I will always make them fit"
A quick note here as I am almost ready to be done with all this blogging for one night (I told you a kamakazi). Ella rolled over twice last week for the first time, I am so proud, but she doesn't seem much interest in continuing. When I do tummy time she doesn't get upset either, just lays her head down and waits for it to be over. Lilly was much more rambunctious about everything. I am by no means concerned that she is delayed and I am glad she is parking in baby mode right now, but I will be excited to see her start rolling like ball across the room or at least over more regularly. I am so proud of my girls--who knew watching someone flip from one side to the next would give you such a sense of pride? And from experience I know it will only get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment