Monday, May 12, 2008

Northern Exposure-Alaska bound?

So when I had Lilly I had DVR and would record all kinds of things to watch in the evening which for the first two weeks of life included the Amazing Race-but more notably The Drew Carey Show and Dharma and Greg--what a fun time I had laughing away in the middle of the night (sort of--at least I was able to gather what was going on in these light sitcoms). Well in an attempt to step away from technology a bit we got rid of our DVR last year and cable. If you know how I was raised and my love of tv you know this was a crazy sacrafice for me, but I felt it needed to be done-I needed to unplug if you will. So I was concerned about what I would do when Ella entered our lives. Watch late night infomercials-again if you know me not a good idea--I would probably have a million whats its and whos its by now. So since Gilmore Girls was out of season and is one of my all time favorite shows I decided to get the series and watch it through again. This took about 2 months. And truthfully I loved it, second time around and all and I am not much of a rerun girl. Then I needed something else so I went to the boards--if you like Gilmore Girls you may also like..boards. Northern Exposure popped up a couple of times, but I wasn't entirely sold until Tom said...hey have you thought about Northern Exposure...okay fine this was it...I bought the entire series of Northern Exposure and have been plugging away for the last 2 months (I am sad to say I am almost done, and don't know what I will do next-I was hoping Ella would be sleeping through the night by now).
Anyway, it truely makes me want to live in Alaska....I have done research on the town they lived in and its really in Washington..okay fine I can live in Washington. Hey Washington is close to Oregon..I could live in Oregon...I honestly don't know where the years will take me, but when I put on my wedding band somehow it came with a bite for nature and all those trees and lakes and quiet has been calling me for some time. The more kids I have the more I long for open land, a creek to wade in--a world that isn't me trapped so close to my neighbor that I think they can hear our conversations at night.
I'll take the snow..I'll take the rain..just give me a little bit of nature to dip my toe in for we our Gods people and we are meant to enjoy the land he has given us and we are built to feel the wind in our hair and climb a tree once in awhile.

No comments: