Sunday, May 11, 2008

Talk is cheap but I would pay for it

I only have one who is talking and boy has the ball started to roll on this one. Lilly's first words were da da...totally fitting as their relationship is two peas in a pod, but soon after she growled ma ma..literally growled it. Slowly other words began to come cat, bye, hi, okay, whats that (this one is still a favorite), the the occasional random word that never came back. One time I said shoebox to her and she repeated it. For a long time she used sentances out of the blue, she never really said words until the past couple months, but she would bust out with these complete sentances. I remeber one time I said "please be careful" and she repeated it. She amazed me with this strange way of picking up language. She also struck me with odd occurances. One time I opened a book and she pointed at the picture and said duck-I had never even said duck to her and I asked around and nobody else seemed to either-its as if she read it off the page(as I am saying this she sees a duck out the window and is saying duck). She has always been a nature lover though (again another post). Her favorite words to this day are Duck and Tree. She still favors meow and barking at dogs and cats instead of actaully saying cat and dog, although she will on occasion, but I believe she thinks she is talking to them. We have been working on elephant where we hold out our arms and make a whooo sound. So fun when she does it. The most favorite things that she sais though are the ones that make me feel like I am doing my job. After someone sneezes she sais Bless You and when she talks on the phone, fake or otherwise she will say Hi, How are you. Its good to know that her mimic of us is seeing us get on the phone and immediatly ask someone how they are doing. I am tring to remember all these little things to document a year so I am guessing what is going to happen is I will have sporadic memories now that I am trying to remember things to write them down and there will be random short posts about them. Oh well-at least I am trying. I am also grateful for the most recent phrase which is "all done" which she sais now instead of throwing her food on the floor to indicate being finished (this was a big problem for a long time that we tried many different ways of fixing but none worked-so thank God it is seemingly over) she also sais "all done" when she is done playing with a certain toy and wants to hand it off. So fun..I can't wait till they are both talking.
This reminded me of something random and unrelated, but Lilly is a bit retentive--so if she sees a remote on the couch she is extremely diligint in getting it to me. She will even take them from her dad and bring them to me. I guess we can see who controls the remote in our house :) Ha.

No comments: